- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- Insurance Europe President says European policymakers must act to ensure insurers can fully contribute towards a sustainable Europe
- SCOR Investment Partners to acquire 100% of the capital of pioneering ILS fund manager Coriolis Capital
- J. D. Power 2019 Insurance Digital Experience Study released
- Willis Towers Watson in exclusive deal with Microsoft to develop the potential of quantum computing for its client base
- Willis Towers Watson reports that Tia Technology is joining its global Radar Live Collaboration programme
- Comprehensive cover accounted for 42% of UK consumers income protection purchases in 2018 reveals GlobalData expired
- de Courtois appointed vice president of Insurance Europe expired
- Generali to sell UK life run-off portfolio to RGA expired
- Old Mutual suspends Chief Executive expired
- Beazley appoints Lake as Group Finance Director expired
- Lockton beats revenue record in fiscal 2018/2019 expired
13th March 2019
Hannover Re announces launch of hr|equarium-an innovation pool exclusive to Hannover Re's global network of insurance clients which facilitates connections with innovative InsurTech partners
Hannover Re has announced the launch of hr|equarium-an innovation pool exclusive to Hannover Re's global network of insurance clients which facilitates connections with innovative InsurTech partners.
The online platform provides access to a diverse range of solutions spanning the entire value chain, propelling the insurance industry forward by making it easier to find and implement new technology.
"We bridge the gap between insurtechs and insurers, because currently the industry has a matching problem," said Claude Chèvre, the responsible member of Hannover Re's Executive Board. "It's difficult for insurers to uncover and select the right solutions. We not only make it simpler to identify the technologies that will add the most value to an insurer's business, but we and the platform community can rate these solutions and quantify their impact, so clients can be confident in approaching them."
"On the other side, new technology providers can struggle to get their foot in the door with insurance firms, or to position their solutions in a way that really resonates," Chèvre said. "We help our select community of InsurTech partners to refine their value propositions, and we offer the strength of our global footprint and trusted reputation in the market."
Digital disruption, shifting demographics and evolving buyer preferences have created a challenging operating environment for insurers. With hr|equarium, Hannover Re offers easy access to product and distribution innovations that are crucial factors for insurers to stay ahead of their competition and to meet consumer needs.
Hannover Re's InsurTech innovation platform bridges the gap between digital innovators and insurance companies, helping to shape the future of insurance. hr|equarium features two solution types, standard and verified. Insurtechs with a market-ready and legally compliant B2B insurance offering may qualify for inclusion on the site. Verified solutions must meet additional criteria and are selected at the sole discretion of Hannover Re. As a global reinsurer, Hannover Re is ideally positioned to host an innovation platform allowing InsurTechs to market their technology solutions exclusively to Hannover Re clients.
Hannover Re Trends(196 articles)