- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- ABI writes to Justice Secretary over Ogden rate change
- UK financial regulators to discuss a plan to improve regulatory coordination
- Munich Re expects around E1bn earnings for the half year-no change in 2019 target
- Juniper Research looks at Robotic Process Automation(RPA) progress in the Insurance and Telecoms markets
- Capgemini expanding its AI capabilities with Microsoft
- FM Global invests $1m in AI-based InsurTech RiskGenius looking to automate underwriting processes expired
- Dinghy Freelancer Insurance comments on research indicating that the number of people in the UK working through an online platform has doubled from 4.7% to 9.6% in the last three years expired
- MAPFRE MSV Life chooses Sapiens solutions expired
- Novidea announces two appointments expired
- ABI supports consultation into how to make young drivers safer expired
- Geneva Association reports on its recent 2019 Climate Change Forum held in London expired
23rd June 2019
AIG consolidates assumed reinsurance operations to form global business AIG Re-Schaper appointed CEO
American International Group(AIG) has announced the formation of AIG Re, which consolidates the company’s assumed Reinsurance operations, including Validus Re, AlphaCat and Talbot Treaty into one global business.
The company also announced that Christopher Schaper has been appointed ceo of AIG Re, effective 1st July. In this new role, Schaper will oversee implementation of AIG’s assumed Reinsurance strategy with a focus on continuing to develop, market and deliver innovative reinsurance and capital market solutions to clients on a global basis. He will report to Peter Zaffino, president and ceo, AIG General Insurance, and Global coo, AIG. Schaper will be based in Bermuda.
“Building on our efforts to position AIG as an industry leader, Chris will lead AIG Re’s delivery of differentiated value to our clients through the creation of new pools of risk and the deployment of alternative capital,” said Zaffino. “Chris’ deep reinsurance expertise and industry relationships will accelerate the execution of our strategy for AIG Re. I look forward to welcoming Chris to AIG.”
“I am pleased to join AIG as the company focuses on enhanced opportunities, underwriting excellence and differentiating its capabilities in the global market,” said Schaper. “I look forward to working closely with the Validus Re, AlphaCat and Talbot teams as we position AIG Re to deliver current and innovative products to clients and partners as well as engage in new initiatives as we further develop our global business.”
Schaper brings more than three decades of experience in the insurance and reinsurance industries to AIG. He joins AIG from Marsh, where he was ceo of the managing general agent businesses since 2016. Prior to that, he served as president of Montpelier Re and Underwriting chairman of Blue Capital, Montpelier’s capital markets entity.
Previously, Schaper held several leadership positions at Endurance Specialty Insurance, including cuo and head of Reinsurance, and Head of Casualty Treaty Reinsurance. Earlier in his career, he held roles at Gerling Global Financial Products, Employers Reinsurance Corporation (a division of GE Capital), CIGNA and USF&G.
AIG Trends(676 articles)