- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-The Week
- ABI writes to Justice Secretary over Ogden rate change
- UK financial regulators to discuss a plan to improve regulatory coordination
- Munich Re expects around E1bn earnings for the half year-no change in 2019 target
- Juniper Research looks at Robotic Process Automation(RPA) progress in the Insurance and Telecoms markets
- Capgemini expanding its AI capabilities with Microsoft
- FM Global invests $1m in AI-based InsurTech RiskGenius looking to automate underwriting processes expired
- Dinghy Freelancer Insurance comments on research indicating that the number of people in the UK working through an online platform has doubled from 4.7% to 9.6% in the last three years expired
- MAPFRE MSV Life chooses Sapiens solutions expired
- Novidea announces two appointments expired
- ABI supports consultation into how to make young drivers safer expired
- Geneva Association reports on its recent 2019 Climate Change Forum held in London expired
23rd June 2019
Oasis LMF Wave global collaborative risk modelling initiative launched
The official launch of the global collaborative risk modelling effort The Wave was announced at this week's Oasis Loss Modelling Framework(Oasis LMF) London Conference.
The Wave is an international project with the aim of creating more openness, interoperability and lowering the costs of risk modelling and data.
Born from an upswell of support for open source, cost-effective technology, Oasis is a a community of international stakeholders across industries which champions interoperable, global and cost-effective risk modelling and data solutions.
Its mission is to collaborate and pool resources to offer the most cost-effective way of understanding risk.
The list of supporters and participants in The Wave is growing:
JBA Risk management
Applied Research Associates, Inc
Speaking at the Oasis LMF London Conference, Oasis ceo Dickie Whitaker, commented “With increasing support and collaboration from industry players, we are joining with others to help enable choice, reduce costs and catalyse innovation. For the first time, we are offering a full package of models from ARA, CoreLogic, Impact Forecasting and JBA for the US, Japan and Europe that offer great choice at competitive pricing with the flexibility of delivery options from Fractal Industries, Simplitium, Xceedance and others.
This unique package can offer annualised prices for a 3-year deal, ranging from $479,000 for small companies to $930,000 for large companies(excluding taxes and hosting costs if applicable).
It is time to hear the voice of the growing risk modelling community. Individually we are one drop, together we are an ocean. Let’s change insurance for the better, make risk modelling more financially viable and even more data open and accessible.”
Oasis Trends(11 articles)