- Davos opens-CEOs are showing record levels of pessimism in the global economy says PwC
- deVere CEO says Davos delegates urgently need to make a big, bold commitment this year to FinTech
- Bovill research indicates that more than 1,400 EU-based firms have applied for permission to operate in the UK after Brexit
- Open Banking in the UK surpasses the one million customer mark
- UK economy missing out on vital boost as SMEs stockpile £86bn of surplus cash in low or zero-interest accounts says Shawbrook Bank
- Lloyds Banking Group announces strategic partnership with Microsoft focused on accelerating the Group’s digital transformation
- Juniper Research report says annual revenues from tokenised mobile payments will exceed $40bn by 2024 expired
- Travelex announces that the first of its customer-facing systems in the UK are now up and running expired
- Barclaycard and Sainsbury’s Bank both launch new deals to attract Balance Transfer customers expired
- Moneyfacts says ISA season expectations dampen as rates fall expired
- The UK Money and Pensions Service has announced a new ten year strategy to improve the nation’s financial well being-Mark Aldred of Auriga comments expired
- BlackRock ends 2019 strongly expired
16th July 2019
Euromoney names Santander best bank for SMEs in Western Europe and best bank in Latin America
Euromoney has named Santander as Best Bank for SMEs in Western Europe at the magazine’s annual Awards for Excellence, now in their 24th edition. Santander was also recognized as Best Bank in Brazil, Chile and Portugal, and Best Investment Bank in Spain and in Poland. Together with the country award, Santander Brazil has been named Best Bank in Latin America for the first time.
The magazine’s editors cited Santander Brazil for its “truly historic” results that “gave the bank the momentum to crash the party at the top of Brazilian banking” with return on equity (ROE) now at 21 per cent.
Euromoney has recognised Santander for the valuable support it provides SMEs to help them overcome critical obstacles to growth for the third time. The strategy goes beyond lending to include the development of managerial skills, access to university talent, access to new international markets and digitalization.
Santander Group CEO José Antonio Álvarez said: “Every day our people work incredibly hard to support the people and business we serve and help them prosper. We are pleased that Euromoney has recognised these efforts, highlighting the strength of our model and strategy, as well as the quality of service we offer our customers.”