- The CMA to investigate the proposed MUFG/DVB merger
- Banks need to buck their ideas up and improve their technology, says Infosys
- BBC figures show Barclays tops list of banks with most IT shutdowns
- Santander Brazil tops Fortune 2019 list for retail and commercial banking
- Fintech mega-deals lead to record transaction value in 1H2019, reveals Hampleton report
- UK Finance publishes regional mortgage trends for Q2 2019
- Trinity Financial Services selects ISGN's technology platforms expired
- UK homeowners could avoid £6k in interest by overpaying mortgage, finds comparethemarket.com expired
- Axiom offers clients new, white-label prepaid card programmes expired
- UK FIs and Irish Fintechs demonstrate the benefits of collaboration expired
- Mastercard expands global relationship with Riot Games expired
- OneSavings Bank announces another strong set of results expired
16th July 2019
Euromoney names Santander best bank for SMEs in Western Europe and best bank in Latin America
Euromoney has named Santander as Best Bank for SMEs in Western Europe at the magazine’s annual Awards for Excellence, now in their 24th edition. Santander was also recognized as Best Bank in Brazil, Chile and Portugal, and Best Investment Bank in Spain and in Poland. Together with the country award, Santander Brazil has been named Best Bank in Latin America for the first time.
The magazine’s editors cited Santander Brazil for its “truly historic” results that “gave the bank the momentum to crash the party at the top of Brazilian banking” with return on equity (ROE) now at 21 per cent.
Euromoney has recognised Santander for the valuable support it provides SMEs to help them overcome critical obstacles to growth for the third time. The strategy goes beyond lending to include the development of managerial skills, access to university talent, access to new international markets and digitalization.
Santander Group CEO José Antonio Álvarez said: “Every day our people work incredibly hard to support the people and business we serve and help them prosper. We are pleased that Euromoney has recognised these efforts, highlighting the strength of our model and strategy, as well as the quality of service we offer our customers.”