- Newslink Insurance Global Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
- WEF Global Risks Report 2020 says economic and political polarisation will rise-top five global risks all environmental
- Insurance Europe publishes "Ambitions for Europe" and highlights concerns regarding 2020 review of Solvency II
- GoCompare comments on FCA update on "loyalty penalty" study
- Geneva Association looks at ethics quidelines for the use of artificial intelligence in insurance
- SAS looks at combating insurance fraud with machine learning
- CyberCube signs agreement with Hiscox expired
- FRISS partners with Snapsheet expired
- SSP becomes a member of MGAA expired
- Travel insurance InsurTech battleface closes its seed financing round with backing from leading strategic and venture capital investors expired
- Asta to provide its MGA platform and comprehensive operational services to the newly-formed underwriting agency BPBUW Management expired
- Liberty Mutual Re opens in Singapore-Regional Underwriting Manager for Asia Pacific appointed expired
11th December 2019
Duck Creek Technologies has announced that four leading investment firms have invested $120m in the company
Duck Creek Technologies has announced that four leading investment firms–Dragoneer Investment Group, funds advised by Neuberger Berman, Insight Partners, and Temasek–have invested $120m in the company.
The Duck Creek suite of SaaS solutions provides insurance carriers with open and highly-configurable applications across core areas of their businesses, such as policy administration, billing, claims, analytics, industry content, distribution management, and reinsurance management – all key to their digital transformations. Duck Creek’s SaaS solutions have been adopted by insurers around the world.
Duck Creek will use the proceeds for continued investment into its business and to repurchase equity from certain existing investors. The new commitment of capital comes as the company continues to invest heavily in product development and international expansion. Duck Creek continues to gain market share, as evidenced by 32% growth in SaaS revenue for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2019 as compared to fiscal 2018. “The partnership of these new investors with Duck Creek speaks to the momentum we have achieved as the SaaS leader in P&C core systems and the opportunities we see ahead,” said Michael Jackowski, Duck Creek’s ceo. “Our Platform’s ability to deliver real business value has driven our strong operating and financial performance. That success combined with this increased investment will power our growth– articularly through Duck Creek OnDemand, our industry-leading SaaS solution–and international expansion.”
“Duck Creek’s growth has accelerated over the past three years as the insurance industry has embraced its cloud platform. We are very excited about the long-term prospects for the company and its plan to continue to invest in products and people,” said Jason Wright, partner at Apax Partners. “We are proud of our partnership with Mike Jackowski and the Duck Creek team and are pleased to welcome Dragoneer, Insight Partners, Neuberger Berman, and Temasek as additional investors to support the company’s growth strategy.”
In 2016, Duck Creek was established as a new and independent company when funds advised by Apax Partners, a leading global private equity advisory firm, acquired a majority stake in Duck Creek from Accenture.
Duck Creek Trends(83 articles)