- Swiss Re Institute estimates global insured catastrophe losses of $31bn in first half-mostly from secondary perils
- Swiss Re issue sigma headed "Machine intelligence in insurance: insights for end-to-end enterprise transformation"
- Lloyd's Lab selects ten new InsurTechs for fifth cohort focused on COVID-19 risks
- Marsh reports global average commercial insurance prices increased 19% in second quarter
- Prudential plc highlights resilient Asia operating profit-to separate Jackson in US
- Berkshire Hathaway boosts insurance underwriting earnings
- Ageas chooses SSP Intuition solution expired
- Duck Creek launches IPO expired
- InsurTech Sprout.ai releases claim settlement solution for health insurers globally, utilising Contextual AI expired
- CII and IAL work with University of Bolton to launch MBA in Islamic Finance expired
- MGA Fiducia to provide businesses across the UK with the ability to protect their premises and staff against the threat of Nuclear, Biological, Chemical and Radiological(NBCR) terrorism expired
- Third Point Re and Sirius Group to combine expired
11th December 2019
Duck Creek Technologies has announced that four leading investment firms have invested $120m in the company
Duck Creek Technologies has announced that four leading investment firms–Dragoneer Investment Group, funds advised by Neuberger Berman, Insight Partners, and Temasek–have invested $120m in the company.
The Duck Creek suite of SaaS solutions provides insurance carriers with open and highly-configurable applications across core areas of their businesses, such as policy administration, billing, claims, analytics, industry content, distribution management, and reinsurance management – all key to their digital transformations. Duck Creek’s SaaS solutions have been adopted by insurers around the world.
Duck Creek will use the proceeds for continued investment into its business and to repurchase equity from certain existing investors. The new commitment of capital comes as the company continues to invest heavily in product development and international expansion. Duck Creek continues to gain market share, as evidenced by 32% growth in SaaS revenue for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2019 as compared to fiscal 2018. “The partnership of these new investors with Duck Creek speaks to the momentum we have achieved as the SaaS leader in P&C core systems and the opportunities we see ahead,” said Michael Jackowski, Duck Creek’s ceo. “Our Platform’s ability to deliver real business value has driven our strong operating and financial performance. That success combined with this increased investment will power our growth– articularly through Duck Creek OnDemand, our industry-leading SaaS solution–and international expansion.”
“Duck Creek’s growth has accelerated over the past three years as the insurance industry has embraced its cloud platform. We are very excited about the long-term prospects for the company and its plan to continue to invest in products and people,” said Jason Wright, partner at Apax Partners. “We are proud of our partnership with Mike Jackowski and the Duck Creek team and are pleased to welcome Dragoneer, Insight Partners, Neuberger Berman, and Temasek as additional investors to support the company’s growth strategy.”
In 2016, Duck Creek was established as a new and independent company when funds advised by Apax Partners, a leading global private equity advisory firm, acquired a majority stake in Duck Creek from Accenture.
Duck Creek Trends(83 articles)