- FCA sets out proposals to tackle concerns about general insurance pricing
- CII responds to FCA proposals over general insurance pricing
- Willis Towers Watson reviews FCA proposals over general insurance pricing
- Insurers passing the test on claims, but UK consumers remain sceptical about insurance industry says Guidewire research
- Willis Re survey finds COVID-19 fuels cyber losses
- S&P Global report says insurers' capital buffers are proving resilient In the face of COVID-19
- Toyota Insurance Services(TIS)/Toyota Insurance Management Europe and Swiss Re partnering to further develop the Swiss Re ADAS risk score expired
- London Market Group(LMG) announces new sponsor for Business Environment Workstream expired
- AIR Worldwide estimates insured losses for Hurricane Sally will be between $1bn and $3bn expired
- Beazley increases COVID-19 claims estimates as events resumption to be longer expired
- Clyde & Co issues alert to financial lines insurers about FinCEN files leak expired
- D&I plays a crucial role in business resilience says research expired
19th January 2020
Newslink Insurance Global Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview
This week, The World Economic Forum(WEF) Global Risks Report 2020 said economic and political polarisation will rise.The top five global risks were all environmental. The latest Allianz Risk Barometer report ranked Cyber incidents as the most important business risk globally. Jonathan Moss, head of marine and trade at DWF, commented on the impact that the ensuing Middle Eastern crisis is having on the insurance market, and GoCompare noted the Financial Conduct Authority(FCA) update on its "loyalty penalty" study.
Insurance Europe expressed serious concerns about the review currently being undertaken of the PRIIPs Regulatory Technical Standards(RTS) and also published "Ambitions for Europe" highlighting concerns regarding the 2020 review of Solvency II-S&P Global also commented on the Solvency II review.
The Geneva Association reviewed ethics quidelines for the use of artificial intelligence in insurance in a report, whilst SAS looked at combating insurance fraud with machine learning. Duck Creek expanded its Partner Ecosystem program through a new relationship with Gradient AI. FRISS is to partner with Snapsheet, and Insurity moved for SpatialKey. CyberCube signed an agreement with Hiscox, and SSP signed up to become a member of the Managing General Agents’ Association(MGAA). The Co-operators chose Guidewire InsuranceSuite Cloud to power its core operations, and Safety Insurance Group selected Guidewire's ClaimCenter solution. Travel insurance InsurTech battleface closed its seed financing round with backing from leading strategic and venture capital investors.
Asta is to provide its MGA platform and comprehensive operational services to the newly-formed underwriting agency BPBUW Management, and Beazley and RenaissanceRe jointly launched a new reinsurance product providing Beazley with additional catastrophe cover for cyber events. Liberty Mutual Re opened in Singapore, and Gallagher finalised its 100% interest in Capsicum Re. DARAG concluded a transaction with a leading Lloyd’s syndicate to provide reinsurance for a discontinued US liability book. There were senior appointments at Liberty Mutual Re, ProGlobal, R&Q, Marsh, FRISS, and Quotall.
Full articles on the above topics are included in those added this week to the Newslink Global Trends Database Research Matrix service at www.onlystrategic.com
The Insurance Newslink self-search and automatic reporting service across all insurance/reinsurance sectors has been a trend recording catalyst since its launch in 1993-bringing together significant global market and IT/InsurTech intelligence from source-editing and linking across a Matrix of region/country, regulatory, surveys/research, results, and IT by business application area. The database contains over 52,000 linked articles and is updated twice-weekly.
A 14 day free full trial of the service is available from the website.
There is an opportunity to become a Marketing Partner leading to possible acquisition of our global Insurance and Banking Newslink database services.