- Global banking market capitalisation slumps by over 30% amid pandemic says Buyshares research
- EBA consults on the use of RegTech solutions and ways to support its uptake
- PwC reviews latest UK labour market data
- Bank of Scotland says borrowing money from friends and family has reduced significantly since 2019
- Barclays research indicates adult children returning to their parents’ home during lockdown totted up an average bill of £2,702.28 in extra household costs
- FreeAgent launches integration with NatWest’s Online Banking
- Standard Chartered and Microsoft announce a three-year strategic partnership to accelerate the bank’s digital transformation through a cloud-first strategy expired
- Mastercard enrolled into Pay.UK Request to Pay framework and announces first customer for its service expired
- Yapily to work with American Express to enable Open Banking payments across Europe expired
- A Review of the 2019 Unisys Cloud Success Barometer expired
- Holvi to exit UK market expired
- deVere CEO says peace deal will help cement Dubai’s global financial hub status expired
31st July 2020
Mastercard rolls out new business intelligence platform for European banks
Mastercard has announced the launch of Market Trends, an interactive platform providing a comprehensive view of payments insights, competitive intelligence and industry trends for banks and financial institutions in Europe. From research on more than 2,000 cards across 34 markets to thought leadership on Open Banking, Blockchain and other trends to analyses of 22 top fintech players, Mastercard Market Trends provides a simple, curated view of reliable research–all in one place.
Mark Barnett, President, Mastercard Europe comments “Mastercard Market Trends delivers a single point of access to the key information banks need to inform smarter decisions with better outcomes. With insight into the most cutting-edge trends and consumer needs, they can identify and deploy the technology and initiatives that will super serve their customers and adapt to the constant evolution in how people shop and pay.”
Mastercard Market Trends includes five key features:
-Market Assessment: easy to access reports providing insights to 34 markets in the EU for socio-economic, payment and digital KPI data curated at a local level
-Card Comparison: filtering and benchmarking features of card products issued by different schemes and Issuers to help users understand the current European competitive landscape. This includes an overview of key metrics at a local level
-Digital Payment Experiences: analysis of leading global FinTechs and best practices to help inform strategies in a constantly evolving payments landscape e.g., use cases and company profiles
-Consumer Research: access to research studies commissioned by Mastercard globally and regionally to provide insight across a wide range of topics
-Industry Insight: access to its repository of videos, studies and global thought leadership on technology trends that are shaping the industry.
This platform is available now for issuers across Europe, with plans to expand outside Europe soon.