- COVID-19 pandemic fueling social inequality and political unrest: Political Risk Map 2021
- GFIA responds to Canadian regulator OSFI on draft revised guideline on large P&C exposures and investment
- AXA successful placement of first subordinated green bonds
- Ardonagh and Amynta Group announce joint venture to acquire AccuRisk Solutions
- MS Amlin acquires International Transportation Marine Office
- Julia Graham appointed CEO of Airmic
- Majesco adds new capabilities to Distribution Management Platform expired
- AXA XL appoints Khera as Head of Marine, UK & Lloyd’s market expired
- Newslink Global Insurance Trends-Editor's Weekly Overview expired
- More of the same for 1st April reinsurance renewals: Willis Re 1st View expired
- Insurance Europe publishes response to EIOPA on its pilot dashboard for insurance protection gaps for natural catastrophes expired
- Zurich forges ahead with climate goals to tackle growing risk to society expired
7th April 2021
AXA successful placement of first subordinated green bonds
AXA announced today the successful placement of its first subordinated green bonds, which will be issued under AXA Group’s newly established Sustainability Bond Framework.
In 2019, AXA launched a new phase of its climate strategy and doubled its green investment target to E24bn by 2023. With this issuance, the Group further increases this target by E1bn.
An amount equivalent to the proceeds of the green bond issuance will be exclusively used to finance or re-finance eligible Green Projects in the following eligible Green Categories: Green Buildings, Renewable Energy, Clean Transportation, Energy Efficiency and Natural Resources/ Sustainable Forestry, as set out and defined in AXA Group’s Sustainability Bond Framework.
Sustainalytics has provided a second party opinion on AXA Group’s Sustainability Bond Framework, available on www.axa.com. In line with the green bond market standards (ICMA’s Green Bond Principles), AXA will publish an allocation and impact report annually to track the financing of Green Projects and their associated positive environmental impacts.
This issuance is consistent with the Group’s expectations for debt gearing over its 2020–2023 strategic plan, as communicated at AXA’s 2020 Investor Day.
This first green subordinated bond issuance to institutional investors is due 2041. The initial fixed coupon has been set at 1.375% per annum until the end of the 6-month call window period (October 2031), when it will become a floating coupon based on 3-month EURIBOR plus a margin including a 100 basis points step up.
Investor demand was strong with more than 100 institutional investors participating, mainly asset managers, insurers and pension funds essentially across Europe.
The bonds will be treated as capital from a regulatory and rating agencies’ perspective within applicable limits. The transaction has been structured for the bonds to be eligible as Tier 2 capital under Solvency II.
AXA Trends(892 articles)