- PRA publishes Review of Solvency II: Quantitative Impact Study (QIS)
- ABI comments on the Taskforce on Innovation, Growth and Regulatory Reform report
- Insurance Europe and Invest Europe publish joint position paper that calls on the EC to make improvements to Solvency II
- Swiss Re Institute report says COVID-19 cut macroeconomic resilience by 18% in 2020, while global insurance protection gap reaches new high
- New Cybereason Ransomware Study reveals true cost to business
- European associations launch European Retirement Week
- ConTe.it extends transformation to Claims with latest Guidewire deployment expired
- RMS releases annual Northern Hemisphere Tropical Cyclone Outlook expired
- Willis Tower Watson announced project to support the climate adaptation and financial resilience of coastal communities in Fiji and Papua New Guinea PNG) expired
- Intact and Tryg to sell Codan to Alm. Brand A/S Group expired
- Invalda INVL to acquire Mandatum Life expired
- SDLT Compass launches to give fully indemnified counsel and tech-enabled accuracy to residential conveyancing expired
9th May 2021
RSA finally reports combined ratio of 86- "our best such quarterly result of the last decade" says Group Chief Executive Hester
RSA reports excellent first quarter 2021 operating results
Stephen Hester, RSA Group chief executive, comments “RSA’s run of record performance continued in Q1 as the Group delivered a combined ratio of 86,our best such quarterly result of the last decade. We also announced today that the bid from Intact and Tryg should complete at the end of May, having now received its required regulatory approvals.
The RSA business we handover has never been in better shape. I would like to thank our customers for their enduring support and my colleagues for their continued professionalism and commitment.”
-Group gross written premiums of £2,045m were up 2% vs. Q1 2020.
-Group business operating profit for Q1 nearly doubled versus Q1 2020, with a significantly improved combined ratio and lower investment income(as expected). Each of the company's three regions performed ahead of prior year.
– Group weather costs were 1.7% of net earned premiums(Q1 2020: 3.7%).
–the large loss ratio was 9.8% (Q1 2020: 9.4%; Q1 2020 ex. exits: 8.8%).
–The attritional loss ratio improved overall, and in each region including and excluding COVID impacts.
– Prior year development was more favourable than Q1 last year.
RSA Trends(609 articles)
Intact Financial Trends(16 articles)