- Business confidence dips in September-Lloyds
- Market Report-Hargreaves Lansdown
- Global Financial Centres Index 34-confidence in International Financial Centres’ future is strong-Z/Yen Group
- Timings of Basel 3.1 implementation in the UK-PRA
- Demand for fixed savings rates soars-NatWest
- Global Crypto Adoption Index declined by almost 60% Since Q2 2021-Bankless Times
- Cost to borrow rises across credit cards and loans-Moneyfacts expired
- Starfish Digital and Standard Chartered partner to support demand for real-time cash management data expired
- Gen X and Millennials now outspend Gen Z on Buy Now, Pay Later(BNPL) services-TransUnion expired
- Embracing the world of checkout finance beyond BNPL-Deko expired
- FCA and PRA aim to boost diversity and inclusion in financial services expired
- Cybersecurity breaches triple for financial services firms expired
6th June 2023
NatWest Group completes acquisition of a majority shareholding in workplace savings and pensions FinTech, Cushon
In February 2023, NatWest Group agreed to acquire 85% of Cushon for £144m, with 15% retained by Cushon management. This acquisition was subsequently approved by the FCA in May.
With FCA approval for a change in control received in May and the acquisition process completing today, Cushon is now part of the NatWest Group within the Wealth Business. For NatWest Group, Cushon is a strategic acquisition that fuels sustainable growth and diversifies non-interest income streams.
Cushon’s primary products are its workplace pension and range of workplace ISAs, including Junior ISAs, Lifetime ISAs and General Investment Accounts. Its workplace pension offers an investment strategy designed to drive down the financed CO2 emissions of customers' investments.
The acquisition provides NatWest Group with a leading tech-enabled suite of financial wellbeing products and services to offer its commercial customers and, consequently, their customers employees.
Following a successful pilot in 2022, the Cushon proposition will initially be offered to NatWest Group’s commercial customers in their Commercial & Institutional and Coutts Wealth businesses, through the bank’s relationship managers.
It is planned that this proposition will be soft launched in Q4 2023 with a full launch in Q1 2024. Cushon will continue delivering on its organic growth ambitions in the workplace pensions and savings market, in addition to distributing to NatWest Group’s commercial customers.
Now part of the NatWest Group, Cushon will accelerate its rapid growth strategy with ongoing investment in the next phase of the business and significant scaling to the product, engineering and growth teams. Mo Syed, Head of Asset Management & Chief Investment Officer, NatWest Group will serve as the Chair of the acquiring entity Board(NW A Holdings Limited). Andy Gray, Managing Director of Commercial Mid-Market, NatWest Group will also join this Board.
Peter Flavel, Chief Executive of NatWest’s wealth businesses, said:
“We’re delighted that we can now officially welcome Cushon into NatWest Group. We believe that we have a real opportunity to help our customers plan and invest better for their future, improving their financial wellbeing.”
Ben Pollard, CEO and co-Founder of Cushon, said:
“This is the next exciting chapter for a great British FinTech as we join forces with a great British bank. Together with NatWest Group, we can’t wait to drive more positive disruption and innovation in workplace savings and pensions, and help millions more people across the UK build a feel-good future. What a great success story for the UK FinTech sector!”
Nat West Trends(290 articles)